[vox-tech] Computer case for lots of drives...

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 14:25:30 -0400

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 11:06:06AM -0700, epierce@surewest.net wrote:
> Mike Simons said:
> >   I've also noticed a large number of P-ATA cables that morph the
> > standard parallel cable into a small round cord, which should help air
> > flow greatly.

> I've never heard if the new s-ata cables can be adapted to old ide drives
> (with p-ata connectors). Seems unlikely?

  I said "P-ATA cables that morph" ... like this one:

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3120280

  But, since you mention it there are also adaptor blocks that plug into=20
the back of a standard P-ATA hard drive and convert the signal to S-ATA
cable type so you plug a standard S-ATA cable into them...

  Like these:
    http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3551514
    http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3638785

  There is really no difference between S-ATA and P-ATA, at a command=20
level... it's just a change to the physical layer of how the signal=20
gets from the host to drive adaptors.

--=20

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J--