[vox-tech] HOWTO: Mount NFS servers on Knoppix systems

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 21:05:37 -0400

--SWTRyWv/ijrBap1m

I was having problems getting Knoppix CDs to act as NFS clients.

  Anytime I mounted a remote NFS partition the mount command would hang=20
in an unkillable state...

The solution is:
  /etc/init.d/nfs-common start
  /etc/init.d/portmap restart

  Mounts should succeed after that... I'm not sure about restarting
portmap it isn't required but over here the first mount attempt seems
to hang for a little while if that service isn't restarted.

--=20

--SWTRyWv/ijrBap1m

--SWTRyWv/ijrBap1m--