[vox-tech] Exported X-windows - bandwidth req's

Richard Burkhart vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 15:39:53 -0700

Would anyone happen to know how much bandwidth is needed to export windows
from machine to machine?

Specifically - I'm helping out a family member who'se fresh-to-linux ...
problems are coming up ... trying to talk them through it is becoming a
headache.  I'd like to go into Mozilla and figure out directly where the
configuration is going wrong.

But would I be out of my mind to try and do this between a pair of 56k
modems (which of course won't upload any faster than 33,6)?

How much information IS sent between machines for exported windows anyway?

Danke