[vox-tech] VNC behind a router

David Siedband vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:25:19 -0700

I set up a VNC server on a friend's windoze box so I can help him with
problems from afar.

Said box is behind a Linksys router that NATs out 192.168.X.X
addresses. This router has an admin interface that allows one to set up
port forwarding, so you could map say, port 6612 on the modem's IP to
192.168.1.105  The problem I think I'm having is that this interface
doesn't let me append the port to the IP behind the router

Ideally I'd like to map something like this

[modem's IP]:6612   -->  192.168.1.105:5900

Is this possible?  Anyone have experience with this?  Can you recommend
a HOW-TO??

thanks much
--
David