[vox-tech] Re: crashes -- kernel problems?

Charles McLaughlin vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
04 May 2003 15:34:38 -0700

Maybe I should have mentioned that I noticed something I find
suspicous.  I ran dmesg and found the following:

Local APIC disabled by BIOS -- reenabling.
Could not enable APIC!
<snip>
Local APIC not detected. Using dummy APIC emulation.

Also, my laptop doesn't powerdown when I shut it down.  Instead, when I
attept to shutdown it just sits at a terminal screen and says 'power
down'.  I recently updated the bios, but that didn't change anything.

I wonder if this could be related to the crashes....?

Thanks again for any advice!

Charles