[vox-tech] monitor woes :(

Rob Rogers vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:20:40 -0500

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 17:29:56PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> has anyone ever taken a monitor to a repair shop?   are monitors
> generally items that are worth getting fixed or replaced?

Depends on the monitor. For a 15" or even a cheap 17" it's probably
better to replace. 2 years ago when I was working in a computer repair
shop the place we sent our monitors out to charged somewhere around
$75-90 (Size dependent) plus parts for a repair... Not sure the prices
now, but I'm guessing they've more likely gone up than down.