[vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

Robin Snyder vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:43:48 -0800 (PST)

>   Your report that the RemotePoint movement doesn't work isn't detailed
> enough... steps I sent had you check several of things on the console
> and in X.  They were meant to have you stop at the first problem point
> along the way so it could be fixed.  I can't be sure if this report is
> for X or console because you don't say.
>
> - Can you try the RemotePoint on the console and tell me if motion works?
> - If motion works, does pasting?

Mike,

Sorry.  I was combining the results of your first test and a later
one.  Motion for the RemotePoint mouse does not work on the console.
Moving the mouse on the console causes lines of text to be highlighted
and apparently pasted.  (I get back errors saying that such-and-such a
command cannot be found, where such-and-such is a random paste caused
by mouse movement.)  It is difficult to see whether the text
highlighting actually tracks the mouse movements that I'm making
(i.e., is the mouse moving correctly but just pasting as it goes?)
since I don't always see a cursor.

Hope this is enough information.

			- robin.