[vox-tech] OT: line breaking in text/plain mail attachments

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:34:13 -0800

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 07:03:55AM -0800, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Henry House wrote:
>=20
> > Are MIME attachments of type text/plain supposed to follow a particular
> > line-termination standard? (I.e., LF or CR+LF).
>=20
> On the wire, text/plain is supposed to follow CRLF.
>=20
> > The reason that I ask is that one of my correspondents, who uses a
> > Mac, sends me text/plain attachments that arrive base64 encoded (seems
> > like broken behavior) and with Mac-style line termination. Mutt does
> > not convert the line termination for me, which I thought it is
> > supposed to do.
>=20
> Sounds doubly broken.  What is the MUA?

"Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022". Hardly surprising.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=
gp>