[vox-tech] Squirrel Mail Authentication Problems

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:00:47 -0500

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 08:15:50AM -0800, Ryan wrote:
> 	"ERRORUnknown user or password incorrect."
>
> I am using version 1.2.10 along with courier-0.42.0 and php4.3. I have
> started the imapd and authdaemond but I still can't login. I have no
> idea how to even start trying to figure what is wrong.
>
> 	Before messing with imap and squirrel mail I have been using exim and
> qpopper. These are currently running and have not been restarted or
> touched. The only thing I have tried is compiling and make install-ing
> imap, and then doing an 'imapd start' and 'authdaemond start'.

Ryan,

  Once again it is unclear what you are asking... but you did include
more detail about what you did.

  Based on what I understand from the description of squirrelmail,
it appears to be a web mail front end, which can access IMAP or local
mail spools, and send mail via IMAP or SMTP.

  It appears to need to run inside a web server... as it's php.

  It sounds like either imap or squirrelmail are setup incorrectly.

  I would recommend using a normal imap client to check that the imapd is
working correctly (checking things in /var/log/messages and such) to
make sure that's fine.  If that doesn't work, fix it first.

  Once that works then try squirrelmail, checking things in
/var/log/apache/ error.log or access.log (or where ever your apache logs
go) to see what sort of errors the php code is spewing out.

   TTFN,
     Mike Simons