[vox-tech] re:Help a Newbie to run Linux on my Win98 System

karthikeyan.balasubramanian vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:14:13 +0530

> you probably mean ext3.  i'm fairly certain redhat doesn't use vanilla
> ext2 anymore.

Hmm kind of strange, I bet i saw this option in the CD i got and it sure is
Redhat 8.0.

I also saw ext3 but when i was searching stuff for dual boot i saw people
mentioning only ext2 and vfat.

by the way whats the advantage and disadvantage of ext2 and ext3.

> if you're having trouble, you may want to look into winex.  especially
> if you're trying to play win32 games.   but it's also packaged well, so
> winex might be useful even if you're not trying to use something that
> uses directx.

Oh forgot to tell you.  I dont want to use Wine for games.  I have pretty
good commercial
App like WebPosition Gold.  I want to run those through Linux.  Otherwise i
end up
rebooting my system and then running it through Windoze.

Thanks for the Info.  You know You might see me more on this List cause I
got Linux :)

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B