[vox-tech] Re: Logitech MouseMan and XF86Config-4

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:05:59 -0500

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:55:57AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > - Have you tried the "PS/2" protocol?
> >
> > It's a ps/2 mouse.  I tried the PS/2 protocol as well as the IMPS/2
> > protocol but both cause the cursor to shoot around wildly and hang out
> > near the screen edges in classic "I'm unhappy with my protocol"
> > fashion.
>
> sounds like a repeater problem.   what device does X use to read mouse
> events?  the device file itself?  or a fifo?

  To translate ...

Robin,

  Can you send the portions of your /etx/X11/XF86Config-4 that are between:
===
Section "InputDevice"
[...]
EndSection
===
and appear to be mouse related.

  Also please include your /etc/gpm.conf file...

  Thanks,
    Mike