[vox-tech] CUPS printing

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:03:52 -0800

I have a LAN where our Epson C82 is hooked up to a MOSX machine. I am
using red hat 8 and I would like to print. I can get text files to print
no problem using the command line [using an lp filename]. I want to be
able to print things other than text though. In open office and netscape
I tried printing but the server cancels the print job giving this error
on the web-based log file:

	Error:  client-error-not-possible

Even when I print to a postscript format in open office and then print
using the command line, CUPS still gives me the same error.

I have tried printing to this same printer from Windows and everything
works great. Every program I have ever tried printing from has worked
from Windows.

-ryan