[vox-tech] Forcing Links to interpret file as HTML?

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:02:37 -0800

So I just added a text/html entry to my ~/.mailcap file, so I can view
st00pid HTML attachments I received in my e-mail.  (I use Mutt on my ISP's
excellent shell server.)

Unfortunately, when I do this, Links is given the file "/tmp/muttXYXYXYXY"
(where "XYXYXY" is some random unique junk).

Since there's no ".html" at the end of the filename, Links interprets it
as a plain text file, so I see the HTML source, rather than a rendered page.
(That's what I could /already/ do, just using Mutt! :^) )

Anyway, is there any kind of command-line option or other magic I can give
to Links that will force it to interpret a randomly-named file as HTML?
Or is there any way to tell Mutt to save the temp file with a different name?

Or (and this I expect will probably end up being my solution, unfortunately),
is there some magic I can do inside the mailcap entry itself?

Right now, I have simply:

  text/html; links %s

Thanks!