[vox-tech] Compiling C into Java bytecode?

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:51:41 -0700

On Sunday 29 June 2003 02:32 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Okay, just out of curiosity.  Say one wanted to create a 'Java application'
> (e.g., something that runs in a web browser, cell phone or PDA JVM),
> but they wanted to write the application using the C /language/.
>
> This is possible, is it not?  If so, are there some tools for this
> under Linux?  (I see "gjc", the Java compiler from GNU, as well as
> "gij", the Java bytecode interpreter from GNU; but nothing for
> taking code in other programming languages and turning them into Java
> bytecode)

I don't know of any way to do that, nor why anyone would
want to.  Java syntax already resembles C quite a bit.

Tell them to write it in C, run it through a Java compiler,
and fix the parts that don't work.  :-)

Best,
remote system administration services.