[vox-tech] ARRGHHH! (I think I can't use rsync on windows)

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:55:29 -0400

--OmL7C/BU0IhhC9Of

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:26:11AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I just realized that I got the setup wrong.  Server I is actually a
> Windows NT server, and Server II is the Solaris server (there is a third
> server, another Solaris server, which is our development server, and rsync
> will be useful for keeping Servers II and III synchronized with each
> other).  I have Cygwin available so at least I can tar up the files from
> Server I.  I'll see if there's some sort of spiffy include file I can
> create for my problem.

and the problem is?

rsync certainly works on windows, especially under cygwin.

you can also run sshd on windows, so that the remote machines could pull
or push the content via cron if you wanted.

--=20

--OmL7C/BU0IhhC9Of

--OmL7C/BU0IhhC9Of--