[vox-tech] Perl cgi scripts not executing

Michael Wenk vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:48:39 -0700

On Friday 13 June 2003 12:33 pm, Richard Crawford wrote:
> > Might you have the perl script stuff defined in an .htaccess file that
> > may be  on one server but not the other?
>
> Nope.
>
> > Are there any files being included in the httpd.conf ?  Do these match
> > somewhat?
>
> No included files, but plenty of LoadModule directives.  When I copied the
> httpd.conf file down from Neo to Trinity, I tried to use it "as is"; and I
> received a number of errors telling me that some of the modules were built
> in to Apache and didn't need to be loaded, so I commented out the relevant
> LoadModule directives.
>
> > Are there any errors at all being put in the error_log file
> > when  your script is attempted to execute?
>
> No errors.
>
> > what's the directory
> > directive look  like for where your script is?
>
> Do you mean the #! line at the top of the script?  It's:
>
> #! /usr/local/bin/perl
>
> in all scripts on both servers.  Perl 5.8.0 is installed in the same
> location on both servers.
>
> I know this is something really stupid that I'm going to kick myself for
> not seeing earlier, but this has been driving me batty for a week.

Nah, not where perl is located.  The Directory directive in apache.  For
example:

    <Directory /usr/home/*/public_html/perl>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
	Options -Indexes ExecCGI
	PerlSendHeader On
    </Directory>

One other thing I just thought of.  Is the CGI script in a home directory? I
had a bear of a time with a problem with php and perl because of that, and
because I use a symlink from /home to /usr/home(and in /etc/passwd it uses
/home.)

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk