[vox-tech] Perl cgi scripts not executing

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

> Might you have the perl script stuff defined in an .htaccess file that
> may be  on one server but not the other?

Nope.

> Are there any files being included in the httpd.conf ?  Do these match
> somewhat?

No included files, but plenty of LoadModule directives.  When I copied the
httpd.conf file down from Neo to Trinity, I tried to use it "as is"; and I
received a number of errors telling me that some of the modules were built
in to Apache and didn't need to be loaded, so I commented out the relevant
LoadModule directives.

> Are there any errors at all being put in the error_log file
> when  your script is attempted to execute?

No errors.

> what's the directory
> directive look  like for where your script is?

Do you mean the #! line at the top of the script?  It's:

#! /usr/local/bin/perl

in all scripts on both servers.  Perl 5.8.0 is installed in the same
location on both servers.

I know this is something really stupid that I'm going to kick myself for
not seeing earlier, but this has been driving me batty for a week.