[vox-tech] Perl CGgi scripts not executing -- RESOLVED

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to those who offered suggestions.  I appreciate it.

Turns out it was the stupid HTML files that were pointing at the perl
scripts that were at fault.  Because I have Cold Fusion running on these
servers (blech!), there's a special part of the URL, a context root, which
is added.  If you point a browser at a cgi script, it cannot have the
context root.

In other words, my cold fusion enabled url looks like this:

http://www.myplace.com/cfmx/home/

but if you try calling http://www.myplace.com/cfmx/home/script.pl it won't
work.  You have to leave out the cfmx.

Does that make sense?

In a word, it's Macromedia's fault.  Bastards.