[vox-tech] Problem wth init 5

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

A question:

   - What files did you fiddle with?
   - How did you ultimately make it boot into text?

Instructions:

   - Post /etc/inittab (yes, the whole thing)
   - Did you fiddle with Lilo or Grub at all?  If so,
     post any "append=" instructions from the config files.
   - Did you fiddle with prefdm, gdm, kdm, or xdm at all?
     If so, try running prefdm to verify it's working.
     (It may tell you not to do that, but let's just try
     and see if it works.)

-Mark