[vox-tech] [OT] reloaded (was vim and utf-8 support)

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:36:25 -0700

On Tue 10 Jun 03, 10:06 AM, Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:56:11AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > ps- just saw reloaded.  i liked it just like i liked "return of the
> > jedi": very cool movie, but the magic just wasn't there.  i think the
> > problem was that they traded suspense for action.   romantic tension for
> > romance.  the whole movie was "in your face" from start to finish.
> >
> > like good ingredients to a recipe, they couldn't have made a bad movie.
> > it just wasn't magical like the first one...
>
> I agree 100%. I *loved* reloaded; but it didn't have the magic of the
> first one. I still have high hopes for the third, however.

i have high hopes too.  but as i sat in the theatre watching reloaded, i
kept thinking "this is a blockbuster, not a cult classic".

another thing i wasn't entirely sure i liked was morpheus's transition
from mysterious to populist folk hero.  i kept thinking that the
wachowski brothers wanted fishburne to become more up-front and center.
i think i liked him better as a dark and shadowy guy.

i liked link, and appreciated his character development.

i loved the oracle's twist.  didn't see that coming.  btw, i read that
she died.  guess they need to rewrite the script for the third movie.

i wish we saw more of persephone, but what litle we saw was greatly
appreciated.  awesome character.  they definitely got this subplot down!
cat fight!  ;-P

the only part of the movie i didn't like was the techno-dance scene
after morpheus's speech.  in fact, it reminded me of the hated ewoks
scene in return of the jedi.   :)

i'm still thinking about the movie, trying to sort things out.  i'd
honestly be interested in hearing other peoples' opinions.

any target release date for matrix 3?

pete