[vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

Jim Angstadt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:13:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com>
<snip>

> - Run "shutdown -h now", three times and report
> if it still gets stuck?

Did s-u-o to get a know starting point, then:
1. hung after ...TERM..., phy pwr off, phy pwr on
2. clean to "power down", reboot
3. clean to "power down", off
4. clean to "power down", off
5. hung after ...TERM..., phy pwr off, phy pwr on

> - Which boot loader do you use, "lilo" or
> "grub"?

grub

> - Paste the output from:  cat /proc/cmdline

ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi

> - Paste the output from:  cat /proc/apm

1.16 1.2 0x07 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

>   If you don't know how... I'll try to step you
> through changing the
> boot loader.

I have not used grub, but I have used lilo to add
a bootup setting.  I'll start reading on grub.

Thanks again for all this help,
Jim