[vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:33:01 -0700 (PDT)

Whenever I've had APM not working correctly, the system hangs after
"Powering Down" (or some wording along that line.)  And he specifically
mentioned `apmd` scripts placed in proper runlevels.  So I'm thinking it's
not APM but some process hanging.

Anyway, this thread's gone way bigger than I can keep track of, but it
sounds like scripts aren't running as they should.  It seems like one
should be able to disable services one at a time until one finds the
problematic script, then figure out a way around it.

Just a thought.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim