[vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

dylan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:41:53 +0000

Hi--

using Mozilla, Sylpheed, AbiWord plus web/ssh/ftp/afp/mail servers on a
200mz 604e-based system with 200mb RAM seems to work fine,

i use fluxbox for my WM -- it is super fast, with very little mem reqs..

as for the 66/80/100mhz machines.... no X on those ones -- they are headless
servers... so not too sure how it would run on that..however i have run
gnome 1.0 on an 80mhz machine before... but it was pretty slow.

however! i have installed debian + X + openstep WM + webserver / php / mysql
on a 133mhz 603e-based system with only 48mb of ram. mainly used for
php/mysql dev while on the road...it runs quite well despite the fact that
it has no networking support. not sure how the other apps would behave on
it.

-dylan

on 03.7.18 5:49 AM, karthikeyan.balasubramanian at
karthikeyan.balasubramanian@aspiresys.com was reported to have writen: