[vox-tech] File Permission Issue while downloading files from an ftp location

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:18:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> (So far as I know, Windows can't read/write ext2 or ext3 filesystems,
> and VFAT doesn't support file permissions, and user/group ownership that
> Unix filesystems do.)

FYI, [V]FAT supports a 6 file attributes:

   hidden attribute (if set, file should be hidden)
   read-only attribute (if set, file isn't writable)
   system attribute (if set, file shouldn't be moved on the disk)
   volume attribute (don't worry about this.)
   archive attribute (if set, file should be archived)
   directory attribute (don't worry about this either.)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/