[vox-tech] Tip of the day - PCMCIA config-2.4

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:09:35 -0700

I had difficulty getting a Netgear wireless card working under Debian Woody
with 2.4.18-686 kernel image package.

It turns out I didn't realize that the 2.4 PCMCIA stuff looked at
the file "/etc/pcmcia/config-2.4", rather than just "/etc/pcmica/config"
(That's what I get for not "ls"'ing, I guess :^) )

Anyway, special thanks to Dmitriy for pointing out a Debian bug track entry
where someone complained the Netgear wasn't listed in that particular file.

(FYI, I simply made a file named "netgear.conf", since the config-2.4
does a "source ./*.conf" towards the end, which keeps things nice and clean)