[vox-tech] good reference source for fstab permissions variables/syntax

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

It also might be a umask thing, too.  Try adding the umask option as well:

  /dev/hdf4  /fat  vfat  user,rw,uid=donald,gid=donald,umask=0007  0 0

Then remove the stuff you don't need, since it's probably not ideal to
mount the partition with above UID, GID, and UMASK all the time.

-Mark