[vox-tech] Re: newbie now having trouble with pico

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:13:22 -0800

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 07:07:33PM -0800, Matthew Holland wrote:
> For example, searching for "pico" doesn't
> get you the Mandrake rpm, but if you search for "/usr/bin/pico" you'll
> find that it's provided by the pine package for Mandrake.

Oy! <:^(  Yeah... THAT's intuitive.

  "I need program XYZ"

  "Well, search this website for the file /some/junk/xyz"

Note: I'm not dissing you or your useful suggestion, Matt.
I'm just whining about the state of user-friendliness for Linux users
in general.  (As in, why can't RPMFind figure that out when you search for
the text 'pico' to begin with!?)

-bill!
(wishing people would pay more attention to things like PalmOS and Google.com)