[vox-tech] Re: newbie now having trouble with pico

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:48:52 -0800

Quoting Katie (krwright1@yahoo.com):

> I tried finding Mandrake rpm's, but when I couldn't I went for Red Hat.  I
> was told they were almost identical.  Was I misled?

Unfortunately, picking RPMs for a different RPM-based distribution is a
frequent cause of problems, which can in some cases be considerably more
severe than what you encountered.  Not a recommended practice.

--
Cheers,               "We're sorry; you have reached an imaginary number.
Rick Moen             Please rotate your 'phone ninety degrees and try again."