[vox-tech] networking

Jim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:19:40 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C2C075.D2F9FB60

Thanx Mr. Salzman for helping me with my posting woes.  Found out that =
my sending e-mail address was missing the last .net.  I followed the =
directions given in the lugod fact ( which I would have never had found =
if it weren't for you) and viola!  Anyway...here is my previous message:

=20
Greetings:
I am very new to computers let alone the linux operating system.  I am =
very interested in buying some new hardware, suse linux professional 8.1 =
software, and some other things to make a local area network in my house =
for my family and me.

I am going to get cable broadband very soon and want to have linux as my =
server.  My family uses another OS besides linux.  Can I still run these =
non linux systems off of my future linux server via LAN?  Does linux =
have easily configurable firewalls?  Can I easily adjust settings so my =
teenage daughter can't log on the internet at 2:30 in the morning?  Do I =
have to worry about what modem I can or can not use?

Grasshopper

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C2C075.D2F9FB60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanx Mr. Salzman for helping me with =
my posting=20
woes.&nbsp; Found out that my sending e-mail address was missing the =
last=20
.net.&nbsp; I followed the directions given in the lugod fact ( which I =
would=20
have never had found if it weren't for you) and viola!&nbsp; =
Anyway...here is my=20