[vox-tech] Re: [vox] re. FAT size restrictions

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:34:22 -0800

redirected to vox-tech

hi richard,

i believe that message is for fsck.  in other words, fsck's support of
fat32 is alpha, not linux (the kernel) support of fat32.

if you want to disable this message, look for a line in /etc/fstab that
corresponds to your fat32 partition and change the last 2 numbers to
0's.  kinda like this:

/dev/hda2  /windows   vfat defaults  1 0

into this:

/dev/hda2  /windows   vfat defaults  0 0

this will prevent your system from fscking this partition upon boot up.

pete

begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>