[vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

Dick Ely vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:16:53 -0800

I'd be glad to try, however I pretty well gave up on OO.   Openoffice It
is fine for "dear mom" letters that do not have to fit into a corporate
world  but it is not ready for business which is unfortunately anal
about the little things.   The Excel clone in particular, is just
impossible to do graphics as needed.  I wish I were smart enough to help
the OO people fix it up.

I have migrated to Cross-Over.  Their package works for Word and Excel,
which is what I use it for.  I have had no luck with their IE package,
but that is not necessary.

Regards,  Dick Ely