[vox-tech] bridging subnets

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:05:40 -0800

--Boundary_(ID_L6bHHzz7YCVt5DTVCMMcxg)

The current set up I have in my home is with the Pacbell 5 static IP DSL. We have all 5 of the static ips in use and an additional 2 computers that are ipmasq'ed behind one of our linux machines. I'm looking for a howto but not very successful on how to bridge the subnets so that all the computers can be seen in the house.

For hardware, I'm guessing that I'll need 2 additional NICs where 1 NIC has a cable running to the ipmasq'ed HUB and the other NIC has a cable running to the HUB we have for all our static machines.

I'll most likely have to recompile the kernel too but I don't know how to test whether bridging is already supported.

thanx,
-ryan

--Boundary_(ID_L6bHHzz7YCVt5DTVCMMcxg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The current set up I have in my home is with the
Pacbell 5 static IP DSL. We have all 5 of&nbsp;the static ips in use and an
additional 2 computers that are ipmasq'ed behind one of our linux machines. I'm
looking for a howto but not very successful on how to bridge the subnets so that
all the computers can be seen in the house. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>For hardware, I'm guessing that I'll need 2
additional&nbsp;NICs where 1 NIC has a cable running to the ipmasq'ed HUB and
the other NIC has a cable running to the HUB we have for all our static
machines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I'll most likely have to recompile the kernel too
but I don't know how to test whether bridging is already supported.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>thanx,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>-ryan</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_L6bHHzz7YCVt5DTVCMMcxg)--