[vox-tech] repartitioning linux

Troy Arnold vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:57:31 -0800

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:31:33PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin Ryan Zeeturt <rcdetert@ucdavis.edu>

> > I want to be able to do this without having to backing anything up.
>
> heh.  you're kidding, right?

I hope so.  Ryan, whether you fsck up your resizing or not, hard drives
can and do fail catastrophically and without warning.  You NEED to have
backups of important stuff.  And with the Davis pyromaniacs :-) , you
probably ouught to keep a backup at a separate site too.

Oh yeah, sometimes the quick and dirty solution to this problem is a
symlink.  Moving /opt to another partition and symlinking it to / might
work.

-ta