[vox-tech] booting off an external hard drive

Corey A.Hines vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:58:35 -0800

Thanks for the advice on replying to a post on vox-tech. I will read
over the FAQs and try agian. Your response to the post pretty much
covers what I was going to tell her. In fact Redhat installer will see
USB drives and allow you to install on them so a small partition and a
bootloader on the internal drive should do the trick. She may need a
driver in an initrd as well. That was what I was going to post but I
will refrain since it is probably redundant at this point. Thanks again
for the response.

-Corey A. Hines