[vox-tech] Skipping sound

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:43:21 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, I went off on a tangent...

If you are using an IDE based disk, and have a secondary drive (hdc or
hdd) from which reading is taking place, the intensive IRQ shring could
cause problems. If using a parallel based Zip drive or USB drive from
which to play the sound file, consider copying the sound file to a
mounteddir that is on mounted partition that is part of /dev/hda
somewhere.

Also, are you into swap extensively when you hear the choppy sound?
And what drive has your swap?

-ME