[vox-tech] problems installing Debian on a Dell laptop

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:38:41 -0800 (PST)

Were the CDs burned on another computer?
Are the CDs CD-RW?
Is the drive on the Dell that won't boot the *just* at CD-ROM drive?

There are CD-ROM drives cant read disks that are CD-RW.

If this is the case, try burning the CDs onto CD-R and see if they work.

Some people have reported attempts to read CD-RW in CD-ROM drivce have
damaged the CD-RW or data on the CD-RW, but I have never seen this first
hand. (Meant to be a prodding suggestion, not a statement of disbelief.)

-ME