[vox-tech] problems installing Debian on a Dell laptop

Dmitriy vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:38:41 -0800

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 02:50:20AM -0800, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I've been using Red Hat for a while now and would like to try Debian.  I
> recently downloaded the Debian "Woody" ISO disk images and burned them,
> but I had many problems today while trying to install Debian on my Dell
> Inspiron 2100 laptop.  It seems that the laptop is having trouble reading
> the disks.  I'll provide some specific error messages below.  After trying
> to boot from CDs 1 through 5 several times, I tried booting from the CDs
> on a different Dell desktop with no problems.
>=20

Could the cddrive itself be flaky? If the cds read ok everywhere else,
that is the easiest explanation.                =20

[snip]

--=20
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255
	********* please encrypt all email to me *********

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--