[vox-tech] SBLive Value sound

Matt Holland vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:51:41 -0800

Dwayne,

Are you saying that after you modprobe as root, sound doesn't work if
you log out and log back in as another user?  If that's the case, you
probably do have a permissions problem, as Richard suggested.  However,
if it's just that it's annoying to log in as root to modprobe the
driver, then I think you should just be able to add the modprobe command
to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Still, it's unusual that you would have to manually configure a
soundcard (especially SBLive) in RH.  Have you tried running
"redhat-config-soundcard"?  This seems to be the 8.0 replacement for the
venerable sndconfig, which always worked for me.  I might add that I
have the same card, and RH 8.0 detected it automatically after the first
boot.

Good luck,
Matt