[vox-tech] simple web-based file management/sharing system?

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:42:54 -0800 (PST)

If you are looking for something simple, have you exammined WebDAV?
Windows users can treat the "web space" much like a network drive to drop
files onto it, use of ssl with it permits encryption of authentication,
content can be made available for other users with read-only access if
shared folders in dav space are also public on the web server...
(DAV clint are built-into Mac OS X and Window 98++ (though support can be
installed as integrasted in win 95 too), and a specific application is
available for pre Mac OS X,and for *nix there is also a client or two.

There are web-based file mamagers "out there" but I have not played with
any as I have no need for them. Hopefully others with experience will be
able to offer help.