[vox-tech] How do i refer my system with IP and make sure that its accessible from windows(server is running there)

karthikeyan.balasubramanian vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:50:19 +0530

Hi,

  First of all thank you so much for your mail :).

> 1. are you changing the ip of your machines? (192.168.0.44) Or are you
> changing the script on each machine?

Not going to do both.  The java argument need someway to access my system
files by refering my System IP/Name but not normal path i.e /home/enigma

> 2. are you running iptables/ipchains on your linux machine (firewall),
> that would block network traffic?
I dont think the system that I am testing runs both(iptables/ipchains)

> 3. can you verify that the java program (com.enigma.client.PETClient) is
> starting? and trying to talk on the network? You can use tcpdump, or
> tethereal to see network traffic.

yes it does and thats why it says wrong input files.

One my friend told me that its better that I copy input files from client to
server
and then ask java to refer to those input files and if it generates some
output files
copy it back to client.  Now this is too much cause this is not that case
with
dos batch files.  Another guy was suggesting me to try samba but that once
again puts the question WITHOUT Authentication.

Any inputs?

Karthikeyan B