[vox-tech] macos x questions

Michael Wenk vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:53:20 -0700

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 07:03 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i've never seen mac os x, but it looks like i may have to use one this
> summer for work.   i have some questions about it:
>
> does it have gcc?
yes
> vim?
not sure.  It does have vi.  I don't use many of the extensions, so it could
have anything...

> gnuplot?
don't use that much, so don't know.

>gnu make?

Again, Im unsure, it had a make, and it compiled gnu software, so it probably
does...

> is there a shell i can use (preferably bash)?  or is the whole operating
> system point and click like windows?

I used OS X server, so not sure about the non server version, but it had a
shell, and I practially used the shell for everything.  But server did not
have all the pretty stuff.

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org