[vox-tech] disabling dhcp at startup

Charles McLaughlin vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
25 Apr 2003 14:38:12 -0700

Thanks for the help.

I ended up commenting out these lines in /etc/init.d/networking:

#	echo -n "Configuring network interfaces... "
#       ifup -a
#       echo "done."

Now I just can type ifup to bring up the interface as needed.  I think
this is basically what what Jeff suggested, except I edited a different
config file. ;-)

Weird tho...  I took a peek at my version of ifup and it looks like a
binary file.  And it seems that Red Hat's ifup is a shell script....
hmmm.

Now all I need is to get my wireless card working and I'll be set!

Charles