[vox-tech] introduction & debian / mutt / exim question

Jonathan McPherson vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:49:18 -0700

Mike,

>   The message you sent to this list appears to have come directly
> from fastmail.fm... not enough information to comment.

I've temporarily stopped using mutt/exim since I can't rely on it to
sendmessages. Right now I'm using a webmail account from fastmail.

> - What do you see in /var/log/exim ? (check mainlog and paniclog)

There's no paniclog, but pieces of mainlog are given elsewhere in
this e-mail.

> - When you send email via exim what hostname does it claim to come
>   from?

mnemosyne. I sent e-mail to a domain that almost always accepts my
(trie-mail city.wsu.edu). Here are the full headers from the message
theras received e. This message was sent with exim configured to relay
throe-mail ugh mail.pacbell.net: