[vox-tech] Kernel Panic: Lilo did not find Kernel

Ricardo Anguiano vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
14 Apr 2003 02:12:44 -0700

Summary of Message by Viet Nguyen <beajedi@netscape.net> :
> In accordance with Murphy's Law, Lilo was unable to find either of
> my kernels; this leaves me in a very bad situation. I get the
> infamous "Kernel Panic" output. Right now, I'm running in Windows
> mode.  My guess is that I made a mistake in configuring my lilo.conf
> (did I mention that I was a newb?) and that it resulted in Lilo not
> finding either kernel.

Welcome to LUGOD.

It is odd that lilo can't find your kernels yet the kernel panics.
Boot Linux from a floppy, or your Redhat install media and go through
the menu/gui choices until you find a rescue section.  Mount your root
partition read-write if it isn't already mounted. Restore your
original lilo.conf from the backup you made.  Rerun lilo.  Reboot.

That's the general rundown of what I would try.  Email if you get
stuck or have questions on the details.

--
Ricardo Anguiano
http://www.codesourcery.com