[vox-tech] GTK+ 2.2 install

Ryan Detert vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:28:22 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to install GTK+ 2.2.1 and I have just done a make install on
the glib and everything compiles and installs correctly with no errors
given.

Now I want to try to install GTK+ but it says I need a newer version of
Glib. My previous version of Glib is still on my system, it was the rpm
that came with Red Hat 8. So when I do a ./configure only Glib-2.0.6 is
seen and I get an error from the script.

here is the error:
checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.0.1... Requested
'glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4' but version of GLib is 2.0.6

What is the best way to uninstall the old version and install the new
version?

-ryan