[vox-tech] Nameserver Issue

karthikeyan.balasubramanian vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:01:15 +0530

Hi,

    I used to manage (just manage) a linux server in florida.  Now we have
bought a new server in NY.
Now I am able to access our new server and do stuff.  My question is

our Main site running in florida which ofcourse we will soon move it to NY.

domain : gihs.com
servername : host.gihs.com
nameserver : host.gihs.com
we also have another 2 name server ns.gihs.com , ns2.gihs.com (both these
server are down)
so domain resolves only based on host.gihs.com.

Now our new server info is

servername : ns1.gihs.com

Now what i should do to make ns1.gihs.com to resolve any new domains created
in opensrs

I tried to add ns1.gihs.com to opensrs add new nameserver feature but it
says it cannot find the name
server.

I have given ns1.gihs.com as primary name server.

I always get 2 popup window when i log into Cpanel.

what values should i give for these boxes

<snip>
      Primary Resolver
      Secondary Resolver
      Teritary Resolver

</snip>

<snip: what does this mean>
The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname
(ns1.gihs.com). This is generally because the entry was never added. However
this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would
like to attempt to automaticlly add the entry
</snip: what does this mean>

When i clicked Ok i got this message

<snip>
Found your hostname to be: ns1.gihs.com
Found your short hostname to be: ns1
Found your domain name to be: gihs.com
Found your main ip to be: 65.73.49.4
If this looks correct,
</snip>

after i confirm i get the below message

<snip>
IP=65.73.49.4 Add Complete
</snip>

But still i get the same message every time i log in.  Am i making some
mistake here.

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B