[vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:29:35 -0800

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 03:53:49PM -0800, Robin Snyder wrote:
[...]
> The reason autops2 and exps2 failed is because I don't have either
> installed.  Fair enough.  But why, now that my gpm.conf is back to
> /dev/psaux, could the mouse not be initialized?  I have a Gift....

GPM's miscommunication with the mouse may have caused it to go wacko. Try a
hard reboot (turn the machine off at the switch on the back and leave off f=
or
a minute or two). This trick has worked for me before (though not with mice=
).

OT rambling: do speakers of other Germanic languages call computer mice by
their native cognate of English 'mouse'? With root-mutating plural and all?

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=
gp>