[vox-tech] How to apply procmail filters to existing mailbox?

GNU Linux vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:28:47 -0700

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 02:03:31PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > About 2 weeks ago I broke my procmail filters in such a way that they
> > started silently discarding most of my e-mail for about 6 hours

There is are easy procmail recipes to have ALL your mail copied to a
mailbox file BEFORE your experimental new receipes destroy your mail.

One way is to use a procmail recipe like this:

# Put a copy of all incoming mail into mailbox 'backup_mail'
:0c
backup_mail

Pretty easy, eh?
Just make sure this recipe gets interpretted first.