[vox-tech] XFree86 4.2.0 on debian?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:12:48 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>:

> begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>
> >
> > I've just ordered one of those nifty all-in-wonder radeon 7500s for a
> box to
> > serve as a movie player/retrogaming system/pvr/music player, and would
> really
> > like to use debian (probably sid or sarge) but the video card in
> question
> > requires XFree86 4.2.0. Does anyone know if there are debian packages
> for
> > XFree86 4.2.0?
>
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/
>
> branden is the X maintainer for debian.  he also releases X packages
> that are more unstable than sid (as in, sid viscious?).

Hi Ryan,

I am running sarge/testing on two of my systems both with XFree86 4.2.0 and I am
having no problems with it.  Just add the lines from Branen's page to your
/etc/apt/source.list file and do an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.

That should do the trick for you.  If you need any help let me know.

-Stephen