[vox-tech] regaining stability in Debian

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:07:53 -0800

Quoting Issac Trotts (ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu):

> At one point I wanted an unstable package and so
> apt-get brought a lot of other things with it.
> Being new to all this, I haven't been sure how
> to go back.  I'd be interested in knowing if there's
> a clean way to do it, since it doesn't seem to work
> to just change the sources back to stable.

You might want to just change "unstable" to "testing" in your
sources.list.  After about a week of apt-get sessions, you'll
be safely that far back from the bleeding edge.  Much easier than
reverting to "stable".

--
Cheers,                              Yes, I _am_ an agent of Satan,
Rick Moen                            but my duties are largely ceremonial.